The Student Success Internship program is funded by the University of California Office of the President and launched in Fall 2015. It is a partnership between the UC Merced Office of Undergraduate Education and the Division of Student Affairs. The program gives undergraduate students an opportunity to participate in a meaningful, project-driven experiences across university departments.
- The projects are centered on the UC Merced campus or its satellite locations.
- The experiences will be project-based and may not replace or replicate existing student employment positions.
- The program is not intended to supplement student employment positions that are currently funded.
- Participating departments design projects and designate a supervisor-mentor to guide and support the intern as they undertake professional and institutionally meaningful projects.
- The project must have clearly defined learning objectives and goals related to the project and integration of the student’s academic learning.
- Due to the ongoing pandemic, we will monitor and make any necessary modifications as deemed necessary.
- A selection committee approves all projects.
PROJECT STIPEND & HOURS
A project provides students with the opportunity to apply classroom learning to real-world experiences. Upon completion of the project, the student will receive $3,000 awarded through the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships as a student stipend and will be added to financial aid awards. It is expected that students will dedicate 10-15 hours per week working on their projects. Projects are expected to be completed within 6-8 months. The SSI program operates between September 2021 through April 2022.
POSTER PRESENTATION & SYMPOSIUM
At the conclusion of their experience students will present a poster at the Student Success Project Poster Session and share their demonstrated learning with other students, faculty, and the campus community. Costs associated with the production of the posters and final symposium are covered by the program.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SEMINARS
Students will participate in at least three of four professional development seminars (virtual in the Fall 2021 semester). Topics may include resume writing, building your professional brand on social media (LinkedIn), developing your professional network, and improving interviewing skills.
Mentor-Supervisor have the opportunity to make an impact by engaging students’ professional curiosity and development, entrepreneurial spirit, cultivating leadership skils, critical-thinking, project management and other skills while influencing your student’s journey through academic and career exploration.
SUBMIT A PROJECT PROPOSAL
The call for project proposals for the 2021-22 year is now closed.
Learn more about the last year's SSI projects: https://hire.ucmerced.edu/ssi/showcase
If for any reason you have trouble completing the application, please contact us at email@example.com.