The Student Success Internship program is funded by the University of California Office of the President. It is a partnership between the UC Merced Office of Undergraduate Education and the Division of Student Affairs. The program provides undergraduate students an opportunity to participate in a meaningful, career-driven project experiences across campus departments. Project are open to UC Merced undergraduate students interested in applying. Explore the many benefits and advantages of being a Student Success Project participant.
Benefits and Advantages
- Learn specialized and transferable skills within a specific field (e.g., communication/interpersonal skills, computer proficiency and team work).
- Explore a prospective career path to develop your sense of self within your professional field. Gaining project experience is a great way to get acquainted with a field that you are looking to learn about. Develop confidence that the degree you are striving for is the right one for you.
- Projects provide an opportunity to learn through action. The program provides you with an opportunity to learn through direct and engaging experience. For example, budget meetings, marketing projects, or strategic planning initiatives.
- Connect with professionals in the field to develop references and future job opportunities. This is an opportunity to learn from everyone around you, ask questions and develop a passion for the field. Career development goes beyond achieving a grade, earning credit or a stipend.
- Learn your strengths and weaknesses by creating learning objectives and receiving feedback from your mentor-supervisor. Ask questions, observe and take on challenging tasks while being supported and encouraged. Embrace the learning and career experiences you will undertake as an intern.
- Practice and engage directly in real-life career experiences to achieve the self-confidence to engage in your own professional development. This is an opportunity to practice, develop and enhance your resume, cover letter, interview, communication and project management skills.
Who Can Participate
How to Apply?
Internship positions for 2021-22 are now accepting student applications!
STEP 1: Log in and search on Handshake https://ucmerced.joinhandshake.com/login
Use the key words: Student Success Internships
STEP 2: Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter on Handshake to projects of interest.
STEP 3: Participate in Selection Process
Using their own selection process, the department will review resumes and select candidates to interview and select for the project.